This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Physalis

One alternative technique to achieve good macro is adding an achromat lens to a short tele or tele-zoom. My 5 dp marumi achromat works quite well on the sel55210 lens at 210 mm. It seems to me that even better than 1:1 can be reached. Few days ago I was waiting for a plumber to fix a leaking tap and he was of course late, so I had a bit of time to kill. I set up my home studio and grabbed few physalis from the kitchen. I think the photos are quite cool. There is a hint of blue color coming from the lens CA enhanced by the add on lens (I guess but I will figure out). Still I like the photos a lot. Lighting was done by a radio triggered external flash with a rim light adapter.




The whole set you can find on my flickr page here.


No comments:

Post a Comment