This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Life and passing

Around Easter we celebrate the resurrection. The believers remember to the resurrection of Jesus while non-believers celebrate the spring and the revival of the nature from the winter sleep.
This post is however about the passing away. Nothing dramatic, I just took photos of the hyacinths I gave to my daughter and wife for the international women's day. The flowers completely parched now but their forms and structure gave me interesting photo themes. 

I used the nex-5 and the 30mm macro lens on tripod. A rim light (powered by manual yongnuo) gave the special light source. First the old pictures followed by the photos of the dead flower:






No comments:

Post a Comment