This blog is devoted to the application of optical fibers in photography. I have several homemade (DIY) flash adapters channeling the light from the flash close to the lens. The technique can be used mainly for macro photography, but I will show examples for wide angle close focus techniques as well. The recent version is called fiberstrobe V3, hence the name of the blog is "fiberstrobe".

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Daphnia project 2016

This year I'm planning to focus more on video. Plan is to shoot a 15-20 mins underwater video including some super macro using small aquariums. As a first step I bought some daphnia in the zoo shop and filled my mini aquarium. After finishing the video session I couldn't resist to take some new photos. My new A6000 is just perfect for this purpose. The lighting set-up includes optical fibers to side-lit the water fleas, which brings out the details. You can check the rig in my previous post here:
http://fiberstrobe.blogspot.de/2013/03/fiber-maco-aquarium-project.html

After the focus and the exposure is set taking images is really easy. Few photos from the results:












No comments:

Post a Comment